- Crossroads of Parenting and Divorce Class
Looking for our 4-hr divorce class? Click her for the latest brochure: Crossroads of Divorce Brochure 4 & 5 2019
- Victims of Community Violence eligible for free services
Youth and teens are experiencing high levels of victimization. Crimes that are happening against young people range from neglect and abuse to homicide and assaultive violence. These traumatic events can affect a victim’s entire lifestyle.
To help our youth and families move forward and heal from community violence, YSB pursued and received a grant for Victims of Community Violence Services: Funding provided by Award No.16-VA-GX-0027 awarded by the Office for Victims of Crime, Department of Justice.
For this grant, youth victims of community violence are defined as:
“Minor victims who directly experience or witness violent crime in the home, school, work, or neighborhood.”
Acts of violence covered under this grant include:
- Assault and Battery (includes threats of violence)
- Bullying (cyber, physical, verbal)
- Child Abuse
- Child Sexual Abuse or Assault (Includes teen sexual assault) – Eligible for FREE service at Safe Passage – 815-756-5228
- Domestic and/or Family Violence
- Gang Related Violence
- Gun Violence
- Survivors of Homicide Victims
- Teen Dating Victimization – Eligible for FREE service at Safe Passage – 815-756-5228
Services are available to the youth and the family. Click here to download our brochure: Youth Brochure DCYSB (3)
- Información en Español
Para información en español, haga clic aquí.